Morgellons Disease Research
Morgellons Disease Research
At this time, the cause of Morgellons is unknown and there is no cure. The CDC began the collaborative study to determine whether Morgellons is a legitimate illness or patient imagination. Both Kaiser and the CDC will gather information about the illness, including common symptoms, possible causes, and risk factors and will look only at Morgellons patients in northern California, the state with the highest number of self-reported cases.
Morgellons Disease is a mysterious diesease
Morgellons Disease, a mysterious disease marked by strange skin eruptions, if finally getting attention from researchers. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) is paying California-based Kaiser Permanente $338,000 to test and interview patients suffering from Morgellons, a bizarre and recently emerging skin disorder. Biochemist Vitaly Citovsky of Stony Brook University has been studying Morgellons for a year. A range of symptoms, including non-healing skin eruptions, characterizes the disorder, called Morgellons by some and fiber disease by others. Many people who are affected have bizarre, inconceivable symptoms.” Citovsky said doctors have no idea whether to categorize it as a disease with a specific cause, a syndrome with several components, or an emotional problem. Morgellons Patients report stringy, fibrous, and seed-like granules and/or black speck-like material emerging from lesions. Lesions range from minor to disfiguring and may not heal. “It’s not recognized officially as a medical condition,” Citovsky said Monday. “Our dermatology department does not recognize it. Morgellons Patients also report odd skin sensations, such as stinging, crawling, and biting; some cite joint pain, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Fibromyalgia; others cite problems with concentration and memory, including changes in cognition, memory loss, mood disturbance, and neurological manifestations. A few report live worms or fibrous material bursting through their skin. “They’re made up of polysaccharides, sugars; long chains of sugar molecules. The problem is the people who deny the existence of the Morgellons disease. They say this is lint or dirt that people find on their skin, but it’s not dirt, it’s not lint, it’s not twigs. But on the other hand, it is not a living creature.”
More About Morgellons Disease
Morgellons is a poorly understood condition a growing number of physicians believes to be a chronic infectious disease, but which is not yet fully recognized by the medical community. “Many consider Morgellons a psychiatric problem,” Citovsky said. “However, there might be something that they develop,” he added, whose laboratory analyses discovered the chemical make-up of the fibers. Stricker sent samples of the material to Citovsky’s lab because he thought the Stony Brook biochemist could produce answers. Citovsky received a small grant from Morgellons Research Foundation and said the CDC rebuffed him when he offered to share his research, hoping to join the effort. “I said, ‘We’re doing a little work on this, and do you want to know what we’re doing?’ They said no.” Citovsky received samples of the fibrous material last year from San Francisco physician Raphael Stricker. Stricker wrote the first paper on Morgellons, along with biologist Mary Leitao, whose son suffered from the disorder and who named the disorder after she found a medical history book reference on a 17th century Morgellons disease in which fibrous material emerged from people’s skin. She now runs a Morgellons foundation in Pennsylvania.
The Best Value for an individual treating an advanced case of Skin Parasites. Cleanses the skin to combat the Skin Parasites living on you, and gets rid of the Skin Parasites living in your environment to eliminate the chance of getting infested again.
- (1) 8 oz. / 236 ml Healing & Protection Spray
- (1) 8 oz. / 236 ml Mitactin Skin Spray
- (1) 18 oz. / 532 ml Medicated Body Wash
- (1) 32 oz. / 946 ml PuraCleenRx Disinfectant Spray
- (1) 2 oz. / 59 ml Medicated Skin Cream Free!
Informational Facts about Morgellons
- By created a complete feedback system based on real customers Q-Based hopes to improve morgellons cure treatments as often as needed to win the fight against skin parasites and fiber disease.
- A morgellons cure to date is not yet found; however there are several under skin parasite remedies to relieve the symptoms of morgellons disease or symptoms from Skin Parasites and to destroy Morgellons itch.
- And humans aren’t the only ones to be troubled by skin parasites—pets, including cats and dogs, can suffer from them as well, and there are simple natural cures for skin parasites that are appropriate for them, too.
- There’s a lot of uncertainty surrounding this scratchy epidermis parasites disorder, but we can be sure of 1 thing: Morgellons is more than just invisible itchy pores and skin parasites.
- Usually found outdoors, keep your cat inside and treat it with a topical flea treatment that can also kill ticks, lice or mites to prevent it from becoming infested with these skin parasites.
Resources of Interest on Morgellons:
- Morgellons Recommened Products
- Morgellons Disease Information, Awareness and Support
- What is Morgellons
- Morgellons – Wiki
- What is Morgellons Disease